It’s 2023 and social media and influencer marketing are competing for the attention of audiences everywhere. With more individuals turning to these online platforms for entertainment, information, and products, the influence of marketers and influencers is reaching heights of never-before-seen proportions.
However, this digital age is continuously changing and growing, so it is not shocking to know that social media and influencer marketing trends in 2023 will look drastically different from what we experience now. As businesses and brands attempt to adapt to these shifts, they must also stay ahead of the curve.
So, what trends should marketers expect in 2023? Here are the 5 most important social media and influencer marketing trends you should keep an eye out for in 2023:
1. Personalized Experiences Will Take Priority: Consumers have come to expect more personalized experiences with businesses, products and services they love. This holds true especially in an influencer’s marketing strategy. In 2023, people will be looking for influencers to customize their content to a certain degree in order to create exclusive content featuring their favored brand.
2. Influencers Will Go ‘Niche’: In 2020, micro influencers saw many successful campaigns and in 2023, we can expect to continue to see micro-influencers gain recognition. These influencers, typically with a few thousand followers, often specialize in a specific niche or market and can more easily create meaningful connections with their audiences.
3. Interactive Experiences Will Increase: Thanks to the likes of Instagram and Snapchat, traditional influencer campaigns are becoming commonplace. In 2023, businesses, marketers, and influencers must focus on creating engaging and interactive experiences in order to capture the attention of their audiences. live streams, immersive videos, and interactive content will all be essential elements of any influencer campaign in the coming years.
4. Increased Attention to Video Content: Not only are people consuming more video content in all sorts of formats, YouTube is now the second-largest search engine. As such, businesses, marketers, and influencers need to focus on creating and curating thoughtful video content in order to have success on their respective channels in the coming years.
5. User Generated Content: Finally, user generated content (UGC) is predicted to be a major trend in the near future. Consumers love seeing authentic and relatable content from people like them, and businesses, marketers, and influencers should take advantage of this. UGC will be highly effective in promoting products and services as people will be more prone to trust content from real-life users as opposed to promotional material.
It’s safe to say that the world of social media and influencer marketing will look definitively different in 2023. However, with the right approach, businesses, marketers and influencers can use these trends to their advantage. By staying ahead of the curve, brands and influencers can tailor their approach to be successful in the new standards of marketing.